Saturday, February 25, 2023

Puzzles 158 - 161 (Letter Themed Grids)

Last year, I had the idea to construct a puzzle contest where there would be 26 puzzles, one themed around each letter of the alphabet.  A few friends (WA1729, dohz, Jamie Hargrove, Feadoor) and I got as far as constructing drafts of all 26 puzzles.  However, by the time we did, interest in the project had waned down.  There were a few reasons for this: the idea wasn't as novel as I thought it was at first, 26 puzzles is a lot for one round, creating the IB and PB was way more work than I realized.  (However, it took a very long time and some prodding from dohz to come to this conclusion, because I was too afraid to let the project die.  Sorry about that.)

Here are the four puzzles I constructed for this project.  Rules for each type can be found under "Help --> Rules" in each of the puzz.link pages.

"G is for Geradeweg" (Online Interface)

 

"H is for Herugolf" (Online Interface)


"I is for Icelom1" (Online Interface)

 

"V is for Voxas" (Online Interface)



1 Interesting enough, this puzzle is unique with the symmetrically-placed 1 and 8 clues removed (and all other clues renumbered, of course). That version is unreasonable to solve, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment