Sunday, October 16, 2022

Puzzle 143 ("Medium Nikoli" series, Heyawake)

Next up in this Nikoli series is Heyawake, a puzzle genre with more than its fair share of puzzles on the internet.  (Technically, Dotchi Loop should have been next, but I'm not quite in the mood to construct a large puzzle in that genre right now.)

Unlike all the other genres covered thus far, I had no expectations of region symmetry when making this puzzle; symmetry felt like an active hindrance that would do more harm than good.  That being said, I still stuck to a certain visual theme during the construction.  (Can you guess what theme?)

Despite Heyawake being one of my weaker genres, this puzzle was pretty fun to construct.  I think it helped that most of the tweaking afterward involved polishing the last quarter of the puzzle, which I wasn't happy with at first.  

Difficulty "Hard", I think.

Online interface


No comments:

Post a Comment