Friday, October 15, 2021

Puzzle 80: Discount GMP Week #1.5 (Skyscrapers)

Friday's puzzle was a 3.5-star Skyscrapers puzzle.  Unfortunately, Skyscrapers is one of my weaker types, partially for the same reasons Sudoku is also one of my weaker types.  The puzzle gods are not looking fondly down on me this week.

This puzzle was an absolute pain to construct.  I constantly found my grids breaking in unexpectedly annoying ways and/or finding almost-unique solutions that were impossible to disambiguate.  Many thanks to noq for construction help here; without it, I would not have been able to get today's puzzle done.  (In particular, noq was very helpful for fixing the puzzle I originally had here; while it did have a valid solution, the seemingly only way to disambiguate the ending was through bifurcation.  I've tested this one twice now, so hopefully something similar doesn't happen again.)

Online interface (Penpa)

Online interface (puzz.link) 


No comments:

Post a Comment