Monday, August 8, 2022

Puzzle 130 ("Medium Nikoli" series, Yajilin)

A few days ago, I finally finished Pencil Puzzle 2022!  It's a cool collection of puzzles and is worth a purchase.

Each genre in that book starts with a collection of 10x10 puzzles and then moves on to at least one medium-sized puzzle (exactly one in the case of the two Omopa genres Chained Block and Dotchi Loop). I want to construct a "Nikoli-style" medium sized puzzle in each of the genres listed in the book.  Except Numberlink.  I'm not going to hold myself to a 17x17 puzzle there.

First up is Yajilin.  I'm happy with how this one turned out; it's smooth enough, especially with the restrictive clue symmetry.

Online interface


1 comment:

  1. >I want to construct a "Nikoli-style" medium sized puzzle in each of the genres listed in the book
    This makes me very happy, thank you so much!! Smooth > too clever. Every time.

    ReplyDelete