Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Puzzle 74 ("The One Theme to Rule them All", Bosnian Road)

Frequent readers of this blog/solvers of my puzzles in general may notice that I tend to use a "squares" theme a lot.  (Just take a look at my favorites list.)  This theme is just so incredibly versatile: squares that are "L-shaped" moves away from each other have strong interactions in a lot of genres.  Of course, this clue layout is a bit restrictive some times, but it's cool enough that I use it as my go-to theme whenever I'm too stressed out to come up with an original theme myself.

On a completely unrelated note, here's a Bosnian Road puzzle.

Shade some cells to form a non-intersecting loop which does not touch itself, not even diagonally. Clues cannot be shaded, and represent the number of shaded cells in the (up to) eight cells surrounding the clue.

Online interface (Penpa)

No comments:

Post a Comment